The Child Nutrition Program COVID waivers issued by the federal government which allowed for free meals will expire and not be renewed for the 2022-2023 school year. For the 2022-23 school year, standard meals will no longer be provided for free to all students.
To be considered for meals at no cost, we encourage all families to fill out an application for educational benefits (Free & Reduced meal application form). The benefits of filling out an application and being approved (or qualifying) may include but are not limited to the following:
- Free or reduced meal costs for your child if your household income qualifies
- Applications completed and approved prior to October 1st will help provide funding for the school your child attends which can be used to provide additional resources that benefit students.
- To qualify for P-EBT benefits if extended into the upcoming school year.
- Testing fees for the ACT, SAT and AP Fees may be discounted as well as field trips and band instruments.
- Reduced Internet rates with certain providers.
- Athletics fees waived or reduced.
Beginning July 11 you can access the online fillable form by visiting the Nutrition Services page on the District 279 website and clicking the “apply for meal benefits” statement or by scanning the QR code on the web page. If you prefer to fill out a paper form, one will be mailed to each household as well as be available in the office at your child’s school.
If you have additional questions, please contact Julie Moberg by email at MobergJ@district279.org or phone at 763-391-7129.